How to Make Your Own Edibles from CBD Flower
May 17, 2021
If you love CBD as much as we do, you’ve probably thrown some CBD oil in the skillet while cooking. Turns out, you were making a CBD edible! It really is that simple to create your own CBD edibles. But what if you could cook with CBD in its purest, rawest form? Flower isn’t a very well known way of medicating with CBD just yet, but it’s out there and accessible to everyone! This way you can cook up some CBD cookies or CBD-infused sauce just like you would with regular cannabis.
CBD edibles are great for a number of reasons. They provide the longest-lasting pain relief since they take longer to metabolize. Plus, you get all that without the coughing, smoke and that strong cannabis aroma that might make people around you think you’re high—which you won’t be! Even when taking strong CBD edibles, you won’t experience any mind-altering effects. But when they’re taken with THC, they can dramatically reduce anxiety that can come with the high. Sounds great, right? So let’s get down to it!
How to Make CBD Oil
- Grind up your CBD buds to semi-fine crumbles and put them in a canning jar along with the carrier oil; once done, place the lid on tightly
- Grab a saucepan, put the jar in it, fill the dish with a few inches of water, and bring it to a light simmer (don’t let it boil!), leaving it over the minimum heat for 3 hours and refilling the saucepan with water if it evaporates.
- Shake the jar about every half an hour with tongs or oven mitts. You can also crack the lid from time to time to avoid a buildup of pressure inside the jar. This will prevent it from breakage.
- When the time is up, turn off the oven and cover the saucepan with a towel.
- Let the jar cool for the next 3 hours, then repeat the process once again.
- Leave the saucepan with the towel on it for the entire night.
- If you try the oil and it’s not as potent as you expected, you can repeat the process over the course of several days.
- Finally, strain the oil through a cheesecloth to get rid of any plant residue. Bottle it up and store in a cool area.